Friday, May 9, 2008

Catching up

It's been since March that I put anything of value on the blog, so I really want to try to fill in the gaps.


In late March, we went to Mom's for Easter. We were 4 of the maybe 60 people there, but it went well. The kid situation at these gatherings is crazy! There were so many little boys and girls running around, it was really great to see McGuire be able to play with kids. Fortunately he is much more adept at socialization than I ever was.




We went to Washington DC April 18th! It was a long, but nice, train ride. More details and pictures will follow here.

McGuire's Karate school closed with only one class after we got back from vacation. To say that he is devastated would be a huge understatement. For now we are looking at the same franchise in a different town, but it is a half hour away, when the old school was 5 minutes. We are also looking at a different place, another one in town. That is still all up in the air.

Also on the McGuire front, he had his Spring Concert. Dad came up to see it, and McGuire had a solo that turned into a duet. He had been practicing "Aura Lee" ("Love Me Tender") but one other kid was also doing it, so they got their two solos turned into a duet. I have uploaded the video to YouTube.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The third time's a charm, I hope. I keep trying to post a comment and for some reason it's not working.

Anyway, I love the video of McGuire. I probably knew this but forgot, McGuire has glasses!? He looks GrEaT in them! I Love them.

Can't wait to see pictures of your DC trip. The train is a fabulous idea.

We're getting excited about our trip back East. See you pretty soon.
Love, Kim

Unknown said...

The glasses are new, but they suit him so well, don't they? He's quite the musician.